We are Lincoln NE's Science Fiction, Fantasy, Anime, and Gaming convention.
We are a fan based convention started in 2010.
As a convention we strive to create a welcoming environment for all, with the idea that con is family. During our events we want to provide opportunities to learn, grow, share ideas, experiences, and knowledge.
We have put together these documents over the years to help us create and maintain a safe and welcoming environment:
1. No harassing other guests of the hotel. For that matter, don’t harass anybody!
2. No running, yelling, or shoving in public areas.
3. The legal drinking age in Nebraska is 21. Please observe this law for yourself and for your guests.
4. ConStellation reserves the right to revoke your con badge and eject you from the convention for any reason.
5. ConStellation does not provide childcare services. If you have brought children with you, you are responsible for them.
6. If you wouldn’t want to be caught doing whatever it is you are doing, stop doing it. Even better -- don’t start.
7. Please report lost badges. If you have ID, Registration may issue you a replacement badge. Please wear your badge at all times (in a visible location, please).
8. Please do not take food out of the ConSuite or room parties. These rooms have permission from the hotel for outside food, the rest of the convention does not.
9. This is a family convention so please keep behavior and language in public areas at the PG level before 9 pm.
All weapons, costume weapons and weapons props will be inspected and tagged/peace bonded as needed. Please check with Registration as you register for your badge, or Operations, or Security if you bring a weapon, costume weapon etc. after you register.
There will be no brandishing, swinging, or chasing other attendees with weapons or props.
Posing for photos is fine.
Metal weapons need to be peace bonded in a sheath or taken off site.
Bows and crossbows require any arrows or bolts to be secured to their quiver.
No realistic looking firearms props outside the costume contest.
Constellation reserves the right to ask you to take any weapon, costume weapon or prop off site, this list includes but is not limited to:
Functional firearms, including airsoft guns, BB guns, paintball guns and pellet guns.
Functional projectile weapons, including but not limited to blowguns, slingshots and water balloons. See bow and crossbow rules above.
Explosives including firecrackers, fireworks, poppers etc.
Blunt weapons including clubs, bats, brass knuckles, nunchaku. (Foam and soft plastic are reviewed on an item to item basis.)
Instruments that can cause excessive noise levels including but not limited to vuvuzelas, grenade whistles, etc.
Security retains the right to refuse items not listed in this policy.
Failure to follow these rules and policies may result in the revocation of your convention membership without refund.
ConStellation Nebraska is committed to being a fun, family-friendly and safe event. We expect everyone to treat each other with respect and courtesy.
We will not condone harassment of attendees, convention staff, convention guests, vendors, presenters, or exhibitors, in words or actions.
Harassment includes, but is not limited, to:
• Unwanted physical contact
• Sexual innuendo
• Photography without consent
If you feel that you have been harassed, please go to any ConStellation staff member who will escort you to one of our Security team. Every claim of harassment will be treated seriously, investigated and appropriate follow up actions taken. (See Security Policy)
This policy applies to everyone in the convention spaces including all attendees, convention staff, convention guests, vendors, presenters, and exhibitors. If you feel one or more of the hotel guests (not with the convention) are harassing others, please let Con Staff know. If you see something that creeps you our, feel free to report it. Our primary concern is that people feel safe and are safe.
We are all here to have a good time and should be able to feel safe and enjoy the convention.
Play nice! It helps everyone have fun.
- This will be uploaded soon